This time, in honor of our tenth episode, we dive into the weird and not-so-wonderful world of gadgetbahns. So, grab your Tesla plushies and prepare to descend into the realm of monorails, skybusses, and the effervescent PRT.
Links and stuffs
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:30 The News: Kyiv metro resumes full service
- 00:45 Theme song
- 01:18 So, what is a gadgetbahn?
- 02:19 "Gadget" + "bahn" (German for railway)
- 03:03 The hyperloop
- 03:21 Musk's Las Vegas loop (a.k.a. the car hole)
  
- 05:00 Tunnel boring cost reduction
- 05:34 Safety, or the lack thereof 
- 06:45 Speed, or the lack thereof
- 07:09 Throughput, or the lack thereof
- 07:51 Las Vegas-wide transit solution?
- 09:56 Fleet of Teslas
- 11:13 It's the biggest U.S. gadgetbahn
- 11:42 Monorails!
- 12:32 All sorts of them, good and bad
- 13:34 The Seattle monorail
- 14:28 Almost became the Seattle metro
- 14:47 Built cheap! (good job Seattle)
- 15:17 PRT (Personal Rapid Transit)   
- 23:41 The Wuppertal Schwebebahn 
- 25:31 The Miami Metromover 
- 26:47 The Transit Elevated Bus
- 27:51 Investment fraud arrest
- 28:31 Would this even work?
- 29:54 It almost happened
- 30:34 The automated...people...car...thing...shuttle
- 36:01 Progress for its own sake
- 37:12 Stop please, build trains instead
- 38:19 Conclusions
- 40:46 Bye!
References & notes
-  The Boring Company: Vegas Loop
-  Adam Something: HE FIXED TRAFFIC
-  Wikipedia: Personal rapid transit
-  Wikipedia: Morgantown Personal Rapid Transit
-  Wikipedia: Wuppertal Schwebebahn
-  Wikipedia: Monorail
-  Wikipedia: Seattle Center Monorail
-  Wikipedia: Metromover
-  Wikipedia: Transit Elevated Bus
-  UDOT: Automated Shuttle Pilot Project
-  The Boring Company: Loop
-  The Boring company claims that there are mechanisms for ventilation, fire protection, and evacuation, but it has not been shown that these meet any regulatory standards.
-  See a ride on the PRT
-  Tom Scott: Pod Cars of the Past and Future: The Morgantown PRT
-  Summer is open with limited hours; still closed Sundays and university breaks
-  The Point Framework Plan Final Report